Dean R. Fuchs
Dean brings over 26 years of litigation experience to the Schulten Ward Turner & Weiss, LLP legal team. He has developed a national employment law practice which includes the representation of both employers and individuals, including class and collective actions in multiple state and federal courts across the country. Dean has particular expertise in wage and hour law, including handling misclassification and "off-the-clock" cases. He is also an experienced mediator and arbitrator registered with the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution since 2010. Dean is a panelist on the American Arbitration Association's National Roster of Employment Law Arbitrators. Dean has been a Super Lawyer Honoree each year since 2012, holds a 10.0 rating from Avvo, and has been named to Georgia Trend's list of the state's "Legal Elite."
Contact Dean Fuchs
Since receiving his degree from Emory Law School in 1994, Dean has practiced law in the greater Atlanta area focusing his efforts in the areas of employment law litigation and compliance. He has successfully litigated, arbitrated and mediated cases involving the Fair Labor Standards Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and the Family and Medical Leave Act. Dean also handles matters involving state employment laws, severance agreements, restrictive covenants, EEOC complaints, reasonable accommodations, occupational health and safety issues and matters before the Department of Labor including compliance audits. Dean is originally from upstate New York and is a Magna Cum Laude graduate of Boston University's College of Arts and Sciences.
- Georgia, 1994
- Florida, 1994
- Massachusetts, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals (Eleventh and Sixth Circuits, 1995; Fifth Circuit, 2015)
- U.S. District Courts (N.D. GA, 1994; M.D. GA, 1995; N.D. FL, 2012; S.D. FL, 2015, M.D. FL, 2019.)
- U.S. Bankruptcy Courts (N.D. GA, 1995; M.D. GA, 1996)
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., 1994
- Boston University, B.A., 1991; Political Science, magna cum laude
- Kuykendall, et al. v. Trop, Inc., et al., 2017 WL 5193287 (N.D. Ga, Nov 9, 2017).
- Epsinoza, et al. v. Galardi South Enterprises, Inc. et al., 2017 WL 4553451 (S.D. Fla, Oct. 12, 2017).
- Sittner, et al. v. Country Club, Inc., 2016 WL 3753224 (D.SC, July 13, 2016).
- Gardner v. Country Club, Inc., 190 F.Supp.3d 504 (D.SC. 2016).
- Hanson v. Trop, Inc., 167 F.Supp.3d 1324 (N.D. Ga. 2016).
- Glen, et al. v. Galardi South Enterprises, Inc., et al., 2015 WL 3766374 (N.D. Ga, June 15, 2015).
- Geter, et al. v. Galardi South Enterprises, Inc., et al., 2015 WL 2155721 (S.D. Fla, May 7, 2015).
- Bank of America v. Cuneo, 332 Ga.App. 73 (2015).
- Geter, et al. v. Galardi South Enterprises, Inc. et al., 43 F.Supp.3d 1322 (S.D. Fla. 2014).
- Alex and Prieto, et al. v. KHG of San Antonio, LLC, 2014 WL 12488582 (W.D. Tex, June 30, 2014).
- Stuart v. Resurgens Risk Management, Inc., et al., 2013 WL 2903571 (N.D. Ga, June 12, 2013).
- Silverton Mortgage Specialists, Inc. v. FDIC, Receiver for Silverton Bank, NA, et al., 20012 WL 13001592 (N.D. Ga, Sept. 28, 2012).
- Clincy v. Galardi South Enterprises, Inc., et al., 808 F.Supp.2d 1326 (N.D. Ga. 2011).
- Core LaVista, et al. v. Cumming, 308 Ga.App. 791 (2011).
- Smith v. Wynfield Development Co., Inc., 451 F.Supp.2d 1327 (N.D. Ga, Aug 24, 2006).
- Panelist, Enhancing Mediator Advocacy Skills, Atlanta Council of Younger Lawyers and Dispute Resolution Section of the Atlanta Bar Association Joint CLE (May 2018)
- Speaker, The Fair Labor Standards Act and its Impact on Georgia's Private Home Care Providers, Georgia Chapter of the National Private Duty Association (September 2010)
- Speaker, Avoiding The Risk of Employee Misclassification under the Fair Labor Standards Act and the Companionship Services Exemption - A Legislative and Regulatory Update on its Continued Viability, Georgia Association of Community Care Providers and the Georgia Chapter of the National Private Duty Association (February 2013)
Certifications & Affiliations
- Panelist, American Arbitration Association National Roster of Arbitrators
- Registered Mediator and Arbitrator, Georgia Office on Dispute Resolution
- State Bar of Georgia
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Employment and ADR Sections (ADR Section Board Member at Large, 2017)
- Florida Bar
- Massachusetts Bar
- National Employment Law Association of Georgia, Inc. (President, 2008)
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Association of Club Executives
- Atlanta Bar Association/NELA-GA, Mentorship Academy (2017-18)
- Georgia Legal Services
- State Bar of Georgia, Pro-Bono Project
- Georgia Super Lawyers Honoree, Thomson Reuters, 2012-22
- Rated 10/10, Avvo
- Legal Elite, Georgia Trend Magazine, 2013, 2021
- Georgia Super Lawyers Rising Star Honoree, Thomson Reuters, 2009